Thursday 30 July 2009

Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring

Today I've mostly been sitting in front of the window, reading blogs and watching the rain fall, like so many watery arrows, to earth. Well, I was doing that until I listened to a large proportion of the debut album from'Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring'. I think it's out in early August.

I must confess I first heard the band maybe a year and a half ago, and then missed them at Indietracks 2008 and sadly since then I've criminally ignored them, which is pretty unacceptable of me really because they are genuinely a very good indiepop band indeed.

Just listening to this record has raised me out of weather induced doldrums and lit a little musical spark in my heart again. I suppose it's the sort of feeling you get when you eat a nice hearty bowl of soup on a cold autumn day, or when the bad news you've just been given ebbs away the instant you step into the pub and your friends are sat their waiting for you, to give you a hug, buy you a pint and chase the day away. It's that kind of heartwarmer, melodic and warm, slow and languid but summery and lazy too.

Sadly I couldn't find the music anywhere but myspace, but if you're inclined to give it a listen, and you really should, then go here post haste.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for the mention! To help out your readers who are interested in looking up the new THWFoS record, it's streaming in full from our web page right now (and in much better quality than on MySpace): http://marketstallrecords.tk
    And if anyone likes it enough to want to buy it they can just click on the "SHOP" page and it's there to mail order for £6!
    Cheers,
    Mark (from Marketstall Records)

    ReplyDelete