Wednesday 29 July 2009

Indietracks 2009

Well first of all, why bands and beer? Why not? I suppose it's what a large majority of my life is about. They kind of go hand in hand as well. Anyway that's pretty much what this blog will be about, with a few other things thrown in as and when I feel like it.

This weekend I went to Indietracks. I've been for the last 3 years, no doubt if you're reading this then you're probably familiar with the whole thing, but if not then you should have a look here.

I've said on other parts of the internet just how great the bands were, The Specific Heats for a start or watching a man in a white helmet make a whole crowd go crazy, so I won't really do that again.

All I really want to say is that now the weather has turned to shit and the world is crowding back in after being kept at bay for the weekend, my lasting thoughts aren't just about the music but at just how well run the festival was this year. The atmosphere too was amazing, it's been said before, but really what other festival can you go to, stand at the front of the bar, turn away to talk to a friend for a few minutes; turn back and still no one has pushed in front. Or, as we did, how many places do you go where you meet someone for five minutes, then the next thing you know you're on a steam train chatting away like old friends. Later on I see the lady again, mention we're seeing Pete Green and drag her along. It turns out this is one of her favourite perfomances of the weekend. Again, indietracks is like that. One more, where else do you see a litter-picker on the day after the festival, actually smiling. Nowhere, that's where. The staff deserve all the congratulations, as do the organisers, and so do the fans. Yeah it's a music festival, but if it weren't for the people involved and the people who go, the whole thing would be a lot, lot, different.

I think everyone of the people who was there came back with a piece of derbyshire in their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment