Wednesday 28 July 2010

Stuff and then some

Hello, what's up? In lieu of anything more exciting, here's some stuff I've discovered whilst I've been battling the post-Indietracks blues. It's almost a recognisible medical condition these days.

1. The new Thermals single/song is excellent. I saw it posted on yonder Hype Machine yesterday but apparently it's cropped up on other sites in recent weeks too. Anyway it's vintage Thermals and therefore properly awesome. You can find it lurking here.

2. Whilst googling Indietracks, as you do, I came upon this rather interesting little video nugget. For what ever reason the line "You should your tits to The Felt Tips" amuses me greatly.



3. The Rocky Nest have split up. I think the 'Nest probably weren't as well known as they should have been, but I saw them twice and both times they were highly enjoyable. I'm guessing it's slightly too late now, but if you've never heard them you should at least check out their Myspace and see what you might have been missing.

Finally after the sad news of the demise of The Rocky Nest I was thinking of other bands that I've enjoyed that have died or gone missing in action and I remembered (as I often do in these cases) the rather brilliant Tales Of Jenny. They've been quiet for far too long (and for admittedly a damn good reason) and are another band who are far less well known then they deserve too be, so what better reason then to tell you to head over to their still functioning website and listen to some of the songs on there. Both 'Other Boys' and 'Trotsky Of Our Time' are pop songs of geniune excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment